This is me!

This is me!
Helen Ida, Honey, Mom, Grammy and Nurse, Nurse, I need the bedpan!!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My spring time drive to work






Spring time is such a glorious time with all the little baby animals and the fields of green.

It makes my near one hour drive to work tolerable. It's a little more challenging in the winter time with the snow, tho'.

In the pictures, you'll see a animal shelter of lava rock and thatch covering. I drive through Powell Butte and enjoy the little quips the church displays on their sign.

You'll note the city of Prineville at the top of the grade, just before descending down into town.

If you look hard enough, you'll see two large green container/towers. That is where the hospital is positioned. Most everything else will be self explanatory. So, this is my life in central Oregon.

3 comments:

CATHY said...

Looks like a very peaceful life. What gorgeous scenery. I love the spring time, so much color after months of cold, wet winter. Each season has its own beauty.

Jesea G said...

Beautiful pics. Gee, one hour to work... what is the price of gas there? I have a 30 minute drive to work and most days I can't get home fast enough! -JeseaG-

It won't be long said...

That lady in report doesn't really look like Lynn Thoreson. If you saw her closer you'd understand. She smokes and lokes like a strong wind could blow her away.
Yes,, it's actually 50 min. to work in good weather. One time, it did take 1 1/2 hrs. after working all night. I was a nervous wreck then, but usually driving in the snow isn't that big of a deal. You learn and it's so beautiful when it snows.
I get in the car, begin driving and try to distract myself with talk radio, singing or just deep thinking to get home.
Now, you guys need to add to your blogs!!!!

About Me

United States
At the present, I would describe myself first, as a child of God and follow with wife, mother, grandmother, friend, nurse and invisible woman. If you are female age 50 or above, most likely you understand my invisibility. I've always understood my mortality, it's the loss of youthfulness I grieve. I was born in NV and raised in CA (a latch-key kid). I presently reside in central OR, a lovely place to live, but leaves me lonely for my dear friends & too far from my family. I know the love of a good man. I'm the mother of 3 wonderful adult children & Grammy to two (my "adorables"), and "Nana" to a "bonus" of 5. Nursing has been my profession for 25 yrs. I believe that politics is corrupt & that we we're living in serious times. There you have it, the sum of my 56 yrs with hopes that I've made some kind of difference on this earth for the Master.